BARCC Poster Contest
Can change the world.
The BARCC Poster Contest is an opportunity for youth in Greater Boston to create a poster and have their art work displayed in schools, neighborhood community centers, youth agencies, and on the web. They can also win great prizes including a Nintendo Wii, an Ipod Shuffle, and movie gift cards. All youth who enter will have their registration fee waived for the Walk for Change, get a t-shirt, and will be recognized at an Award Ceremony at the end of the Walk.
This year the poster must address one of three themes:
- What is sexual violence?
- How does sexual violence affect your world, home, relationships, school, community, etc…?
- Why do you care about ending sexual violence?
- Anyone between 14 and 21 years old who lives in, or goes to middle or high school in, the Greater Boston Area can enter.
- The poster must be an original work of art created by the youth.
- The poster must be 11” by 17” and submitted on paper or poster board.
Read the complete Contest Guidelines and Judging Criteria.
Entering the Contest
The contestant completes an Entry Form and sends in their poster to BARCC by March 26, 2010. Winners will be announced on April 11, 2010 at the BARCC Walk for Change.
- Print a Poster Contest Flyer to share with youth who might be interested.
- If they need more information about sexual violence, encourage them to explore this website:
- The Facts pages can help them understand the basic facts about who is impacted by sexual violence, how survivors react, and how it can be prevented.
- How to Support a Teen Survivor can help them understand how to best support a friend.
- Resources for Teens has links to other great on-line resources for youth.
24-hour hotline: 800.841.8371