Legal Services - Understand your options
What a Legal Advocate can do for you
Many survivors feel like they have no options, rights or choices after an assault. Legal Advocates can help you understand your options. If you want to better understand,
- Reporting to the police
- The criminal justice system
- Options for staying safe
- Pursuing a case in civil court
- Your school’s policies
- Your employer’s policies
- Your rights as an immigrant
What services do Legal Advocates provide
Legal Advocates can,
- Talk to you on the phone or meet with you in person, once or many times.
- Go with you to the police station.
- Go with you to court.
- Refer you to a lawyer.
Who are BARCC Legal Advocates
Legal Advocates are lawyers and rape crisis counselors with specialized legal training. They work with 250 clients each year. They work with the police, district attorneys, and the courts to assure that survivors get the best possible care.
24-hour hotline: 800.841.8371