Protecting your privacy can feel especially important after a sexual assault. BARCC has strict confidentiality policies.
All written and verbal communication concerning a client is kept private and will not be shared with anyone outside the Center unless the client says it’s OK in writing– except as required by law in three cases:
- if we believe that a client is at high risk to hurt him/herself or someone else,
- if we believe that a child under 18, an adult 60 and over, or a person 18-59 with a significant disability, is being physically, emotionally or sexually abused, or neglected and
- if ordered by a court. If you think you might be involved in a court case, please talk with a BARCC legal advocate about your privacy and confidentiality rights.
We will tell you when we are required to make a report and what information we will share. We will not share more than what is required by law.
You may choose what information you want to provide to BARCC. You will not be denied services if you choose not to tell us certain identifying information, including immigration status.
If you are worried about someone else knowing that you visited this website, please read the instructions below.
If you know what browser you are using, skip to the relevant instructions below. If you don’t know the type of browser you are using, click Help on the toolbar at the top of the browser screen. A drop down menu will appear. The last entry will say About Internet Explorer, About Mozilla Firefox or something similar. The entry refers to which browser type you are using. You should then refer to the relevant instructions below.
To Delete Cookies, Files, and Internet History:
Mozilla Firefox / Netscape
- Click the Tools drop down menu and select Options
- Click on the Privacy option
- Under Private Data click Clear Now
- Place a tick in all the options available and click Clear Private Data Now
- Click OK to confirm
- Alternatively select ctrl+shift+delete on your keyboard, tick all the items available and click Clear Private Data Now.
- Click the Tools drop down menu and select Preferences
- Click the Advanced tab and select History on the left hand menu
- Click the Clear and Empty Now buttons
- Select Cookies from the left hand menu
- Click Manage cookies
- Select any entries on the list you want to delete and click Delete
- Click Close when you have finished deleting all the entries you want to
- Click OK to close Preferences
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don’t see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux).
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings in the “Privacy” section.
- Click the Cookies tab in the Content Settings dialog that appears:
- Click Show cookies and other site data.
- To delete all cookies, click Remove all.
- To delete a specific cookie, select the site that issued the cookie, then the cookie, and click Remove.
- Choose Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Security icon
- Press Show Cookies button
- Select the Cookies to be deleted from the list
- Press Delete button.
Internet Explorer 6.0
- Click the Tools drop down menu and select Internet Options
- On the General tab under Temporary Internet Files:
- Click Delete Cookies
- Click Delete Files
- Under History click Delete History
- On the Content tab under Personal Information click AutoComplete
- Click Clear Forms and then click OK
- Click OK again to close Internet Options and save your changes
Internet Explorer 7.0
- Click Tools drop down menu and select Internet Options
- Under Browsing History click Delete
- Delete browsing history by clicking each delete button as required or click the Delete All button
- Click Close and then Click OK to confirm the deletion
- Click the Tools drop down menu and select Delete Browsing History
- Click each delete button in turn as required or click Delete All
- Click Close to confirm
24-hour hotline: 800.841.8371